Students participated in ten programming sessions that were spread out over the course of three days. Below is an overview of what they learned during those sessions.
Day 1 – Introduction to Eclipse and Classes
- Using Eclipse – introduction and configuring the system
- Review of Scanner class
- What is a class?
- Instance variables, constructors, getters & setters
Day 2 – Creating a Tester Class
- Creating a class with a main method
- Constructing objects
- Calling methods on objects
Day 3 – Lab!
- Importance of coding standards
- More on methods
- Android Development with Sofia